Monday, October 12, 2009

Remake of "The Glass Menagerie"

I am going to be playing the role of Laura in our remake of “The Glass Menagerie”. We are going to recreate this play in a more modern and funny way. I am going to portray Laura as a shy girl especially around boys, and who likes to stick to herself and do things on her own. I am going to stress the importance of how my physical handicap plays a strong role in my acting so shy and wanting to be alone. I am going to keep my head down a lot which shows that I have little self-confidence. Wearing clothes that are very modest and clothes that cover me up will help portray the self-confidence issue too. My hair will probably be down to cover my face a little bit so as to seem shy. Vulnerability is not something that Laura likes, so I will stray from vulnerable situations. I am not going to be one of the characters that makes a lot of funny remarks because as a shy character, Laura would not like to be rejected if what she said was not even that funny. Overall, my character should show how girls who are not perfect in their looks and physical being are scared of being outside of the norm and scared of not being accepted, so they usually choose to simply not put themselves in a situation where they could be rejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment